In Stoutcat’s current rant, “Oh, Well THAT Explains It“, she highlights yet another arrogant politi-thug who pisses on the Constitution and tells us it’s rain. Just another politician embracing the destruction of America as we know it. This time, however, this politician (Representative Phil Hare, Democrat, Illinois) actually let his guard down and stated ON CAMERA:
“I don’t worry about the Constitution on this, to be honest.”
But this begs the bigger question and it’s time to demand an answer from what’s left of our Democratic Government: At what point do politicians’ actions that work against freedom and the constitution become treason?
- We have a President who has nationalized two automobile manufacturers
- He’s nationalized numerous banks and refuses to let go of government controls over those who have repaid their TARP bail-outs.
- Barring a miracle (spelled “We, The People”), the healthcare system that has been the envy of the world will soon slip into third-world status because of legislation, which is at best, Constitutionally questionable, crammed down our throats in a manner that is, at best, legally questionable, involves shameless bribes for obtaining votes, and forces people to purchase government run insurance or face fines or even prison time if we refuse to do so.
- Obama now has his sights set on granting citizenship to what could be as many as 40 million illegal aliens in a thinly-veiled attempt to win their votes to protect a scandal-ridden Congress in this year’s mid-term elections and in his own re-election attempt in 2012. To all those immigrants who came to America in the legal way, this is a giant Obama middle finger sticking up at you… The same finger he waves at the flag, the Constitution, and so many who came before him and gave their lives to preserve the America he spits on.
- Obama will then attempt to ram “Cap and Trade” through, most likely in the same manner health care was handled. I’m still not convinced that everyone fully understands the impact of Cap and Trade if it passes. It means that corporations will be fined for using energy above a certain level (to be determined by the Federal Government). The fines are in the form of Carbon Credits which – surprise, surprise – are conveniently available through Al Gore’s company. This, coupled with Health Care Reform will cripple companies and, essentially, end the free enterprise system as we know it. It is nothing short of hijacking freedom and democracy. Not only will it become fiscally impossible to expand and hire more people, it will result in numerous layoffs as companies scramble to stay afloat in Obama’s new world or simply pack it in and shut down. Yet, Obama continues to tell us that “creating jobs is my number one priority.” How sad that there are still so many naive people who believe him. And he’s counting on their ignorance to get re-elected along with the naivite of some 40 million new voters, formerly illegal aliens.
What more will be done by Obama and the politi-thugs of Congress before we call it out for what it is: TREASON? And when the treason is being committed by our own government, who will stand and call it what it is? Who will hold these people accountable? Apparently, it will have to be “We The People” at the ballot box… assuming Obama doesn’t tamper with elections or, for “emergency reasons” postpone them as some suggest he might do.
Keep in mind what kind of sacrifice it took to win and keep freedom and democracy in this country. Since The Boston Massacre on March 5, 1770, millions of lives have been lost or forever been changed in the winning of this freedom and Constitution we so love. All of those who gave their lives or their bodies to the cause deserve nothing less than to have their sacrifices honored and respected by those of us who have been the beneficiaries of their sacrifice.
Certainly the majority in Congress and the current Presidential Administration have failed to do so.
And so it is up to us to heed the call. For if we fail in the mission to pass along the same democracy and the same freedom to our children, we will forever be known as the ones who let the world’s greatest democracy (and greatest hope for others) slip away. And the ultimate shame on our souls will be if we let that freedom slip away at the hands of our own politicians, elected by our naiveté or ignorance.
It would be nice to think our democratic government would be there to back us in our efforts, but when it’s our own elected officials destroying the fabric of democracy, we must turn to the ballot box. And so it will be. But if Barack Obama opens the floodgates of citizenship and voting rights to illegal aliens in an attempt to secure re-election for the thieves of democracy who place their interests above the country’s, well then, maybe it will be time to call home the troops who have installed democracy in Iraq and ask them if they can help restore it in America.
Either way, it’s time to look into the eyes of our children and ask a very serious question of ourselves:
What will you stand for?
The answer should be given directly to our children, and our children’s children, with the knowledge that they will live in the land resulting from the consequences of our answer to that question.