It’s a process normally found in Parliamentary governments such as England, Canada or Australia. But given the actions of the Obama administration over the past year and a half (as well as some of the decisions made in previous administrations), one could make a good argument that it’s time we modify our Constitution to add a Recall provision or “Vote of No Confidence.”
Sure, our democracy has the rules of impeachment. But, as we’ve seen, a sitting President can take sexual liberties with a female intern young enough to be his daughter and still walk away holding onto his Presidency simply by smiling and winking at the cameras as he says, “Ah did not have sexual relations with that woman…”
Another sitting President surrounds himself with radicals – including some who are self-avowed communists – for the sole purpose of “fundamentally changing America.”
In the past, when we have elected politicians only to discover some of their biggest campaign promises were lies (surprise, surprise!), it meant an elongated period of war (Nixon’s 1968 campaign promise that he had a plan to end the war within 6 months), new and higher taxes (Bush 41’s “Read My Lips” pledge), or any number of promises of job creations and/or economic upturns.
But when Barack Obama began his Presidential campaign (which is now seemingly in it’s 4th year – and continuing), he promised “Hope and Change”… just the words an America weary with war in the middle-east wanted to hear.
Obama’s finely tuned campaign sailed through the campaign waters creating a wake the Republicans couldn’t respond to and robbing their sails of enough wind to prevent them from mounting much of a response.
As a result, a majority of Americans, who had sub-contracted thought, reason and any vetting of political candidates to the mainstream media saw and heard only the Obama spin from the likes of commentators who stumbled all over their own metaphors in an attempt to anoint “The One.” In short, it was nothing less than the biggest packaging and selling of media hype since four young men named John, Paul, George and Ringo landed on our shores in 1964. As Limbaugh would say, “For those of you in Rio Linda, that would be The Beatles…”
So like Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, and Bush 43, what’s the worst that could happen under Obama? Wait 4 years and if he turns out to be a loser, we can vote him out, right? Uh…
Let’s review just some of the damage Obama has managed to accomplish over the past 18 months:
- The biggest pork-filled bill voted on by a Democratic Congress and quickly signed by the President without the promised “72 hours for the American People to review it.” It has since been discovered that much of that funding was earmarked for special interest projects and very little of it has actually had any positive impact on the economy… but added nearly a trillion dollars to our debt.
- Obama has increased our nation’s deficit many times more than the size of the one passed on to him by the previous administration…
- While spending non-existent government funds at the fastest rate of any President in history (with the least amount to show for it) Obama has done so while blaming the Bush administration for fiscal irresponsibility (and any other problem we’re facing).
- Nationalized auto makers with principal ownership going to the government and the unions, totally screwing stockholders in the process.
- Nationalized banks
- An unsustainable Healthcare Reform system that the CBO is only now coming forward with the real costs (over $1 Trillion) which will, if fully enacted, probably bankrupt the United States, throwing us into a Greece-like scenario of strikes and riots (if we can hold out that long from his other spending).
- Thoroughly embarrassed us around the world, sucking up to people like Hugo Chavez (who openly mocks Obama) and alternating between kissing the ass of Iran’s Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and criticizing him.
- Grabbing White House control of the US Census in a failed attempt to allow ACORN to handle the resulting redistricting of representation. Only ACORN’s self-destruction from corruption prevented the plan from moving forward (but who knows WHO is handling this now?)
- A long list of Czars (over 30 of them) who have been empowered by Obama although only 6 of them went through any Congressional approval process. These include “Czars” who will be deciding what kind of pay we should receive for our jobs, how much energy we will be allowed to have (IF we can still afford to have it), WHAT we can eat, what kind of sexual educational materials our children will be exposed to in school… for a complete list of them and what they do, click here
- Coming soon… A Value Added Tax (VAT) similar to what European countries use in lieu of an income tax. One difference here in America: It will be IN ADDITION to our Federal, State and local taxes. Still believe Obama won’t tax the middle class, folks? Oh, and then there’s a little thing coming up called
- CAP AND TRADE. Definition: TAXES on energy use by ANYONE using energy. That would cover just about all of us, wouldn’t it?
And, I wouldn’t limit the recall vote to just the Presidency. Here’s a few others I think deserve to be recalled:
- Nancy Pelosi (Speaker of the House) – “We’re going to pass healthcare whether they like it or not.” Oh, and “We’ve got to pass healthcare to see what’s in it.”
- Harry Reid (Senate Majority Leader) is there any explanation really needed here? Shouldn’t we be able to fix it so he doesn’t have to “smell the tourists” any more?
- Barney Frank – “”These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis.”
The point is, why should we have to wait to see how much more damage these arrogant and incompetent individuals can do in their full terms?
It’s time that a RECALL provision and Vote of No Confidence be added to our Constitution. One problem: Guess who we would have to turn to in order to get it implemented?