OK, I’ve been around the block a few times. I’ve known a boatload of people from every station of life. And being an avid listener, here’s what I’ve heard from Americans concerning what they hate about government and politicians…
- They don’t listen to us. Just consider the health care debate: We all know that most Americans don’t want this mess. Yet, here we are.
- Americans don’t like “Holier than thou”: What do you think would happen if you failed to pay tens of thousands of dollars in taxes? Bet you wouldn’t be treated as was “Turbo Tax” Tim Geithner.
- The electorate hates waste: Fox News’ Neil Cavuto often talks about the “10% waste and fraud” factor in government. (That sounds like a fair assessment to me…) When we start throwing around numbers like a trillion dollars ($1,000,000,000,000.00), a waste-and-fraud factor of 10% means that one-hundred billion dollars ($100,000,000,000.00) will either be squandered or line the pockets of a bunch of scum. We don’t like that. (BTW… One-hundred billion dollars breaks down to the squandering or out-and-out theft of $300 from every man, woman, and child in America.)
- We don’t like smarmy politicians, lawyers, and lobbyists: Are they all bad? No, of course not. But is DC slithering with weasels? Absolutely! From Blago, to Charlie Rangel to John Edwards, we’re sick of the rodents.
- We don’t like disingenuousness: How many times have you heard the following from a pol? “While I respect the opinion from my friend on the other side of the isle, I disagree with him…” No… Odds are that there is no respect, and they hate each other’s guts. Enough B.S. already.
- Working folk really don’t like the greedy little bastards: Rep. William “Cold Cash” Jefferson… Say no more.
- They think we’re stupid: Ummm… Yeah, I believe that Larry Craig was reaching down to pick up a piece of toilet paper in a public restroom stall… Yeah, yeah… Sure I do.
- Politicians just aren’t like us: Imagine going to your boss and blatantly admitting that you approve a crucial company manual even though you haven’t read it. But so it goes with the health care bill… What planet are these people from?
- All too often, they’re flat-out idiots: There’s Nancy “500 million” Pelosi, Dana “Cuban Missile Crisis” Perino, and John “I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it” Kerry… The list just goes on and on…
But perhaps the most stupefying thing that drive the electorate crazy as an outhouse rat (me anyway), is this:
10: Politicians put party before the public.
In the case of the Republicans, they had eight stinking years to build a stupid fence, but danced around the issue for fear of losing the Hispanic vote. Now, we’ve blown $2.4 billion on a flawed system that is going to be mothballed at best. Gee, at least the border towns of Mexico are bastions of stability and safety…
And now the Dems have rammed a health care bill down our throats, even though we currently owe over $74 trillion on Medicare alone!
As the Geico Caveman would say… “Unbelievable! Where’s my coat? … Suede… With fringe!