First and foremost, Grand Rants wishes to congratulate Scott Brown in his victory over Atty Gen. Martha Coakley in yesterday’s Massachusetts special election. We salute Sen. Brown, his staff, and his supporters state-wide for running a clean campaign. While a smug President Obama cruised into town last weekend to downplay the Brown threat, mocking Scott’s pickup truck, it was Brown who used his the truck to skillfully navigate through Coakley’s negative campaign, taking only the high roads. Obama and Coakley just didn’t get that this is what America wants and desperately needs at this time. Let them wallow in the gutter, Scott’s a class act.
However, amidst the joy of victory, there comes some sobering realities and points that need to be acknowledged:
- The election victory may be the end of the campaign, but it’s only the beginning of Brown’s work. And he seems eager to get going.
- This was not just Scott Brown’s victory… it was America’s victory. In one of the bluest states in the country, Democrats, Independents, and Republicans came together to vote for the candidate that best reflects the mood of the country.
- The voters of Massachusetts restored the meanings of the words “Hope” and “Change” to their original definitions.
- This was nothing less than a vote of “No Confidence” for the President and the Democrat-controlled Congress for virtually their entire agenda of the past year.
This was the shot across the bow, telling the democrats in Congress — specifically Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Barney Frank — that the second American Revolution has begun. And the enemy is our own Congress which has steadfastly refused to listen to the will of the people they supposedly represent. Last night, it was only one state, but Massachusetts spoke for tens of millions of Americans, with a unified message:
- “We’re done with your games. You promised accountability and have given us none.”
- “You assured us of a transparent and ethical Congress and have delivered everything but that. We will fix that this November.”
- “We will NOT be dictated to by a bunch of elitist frauds. You work for us and it’s about damn time you remembered that.”
- “Did we stutter? We reject the healthcare bill, categorically. It’s about damn time you respected the will of the people.”
- “Read our Lips: No more new taxes.”
- “Cap & Trade? Not in this country!”
And finally, to President Obama and his peanut gallery of tax cheats, pedophile supporters, and outright communists/socialists:
- “You thought you could implement your agenda to convert the United States to your socialist goals, circumventing the entire political process set up some 235 years ago. You were wrong. We will remember this.”
- “You thought you had the right to destroy the free enterprise system and capitalism as we know it. You tried, but again: You were wrong. This, too, we will remember.”
- “You are not more powerful than the Constitution. It’s just the opposite. Your job is to support and defend it, not circumvent it. That’s part of your oath of office and it’s about time you start doing that. To date, you have done far more to harm it than protect it. We notice. You were wrong. This, too, we will remember.”
- “You thought America would stay sleeping while you bypassed the normal vetting process, surrounding yourself with ‘Czars,’ many of whom would not pass a background check to drive a school bus. You were wrong. This, too, we will remember.”
- “You thought you could ‘divide and conquer’ and destroy our society by creating a caste system between union workers and non-union workers. You were wrong. This, too, we will remember.”
- “Perhaps most important: You were elected President, not dictator. Any — and let me make myself clear — any continued attempt at circumventing the appropriate political process for implementing any changes will be met with challenge. You work for us. Not the other way around. And, with all due respect, Mr. President, it’s about time you learned that.”