Why is it that I always have to write these stupid posts? I mean, someone has to write this stuff, but why always me? All right, all right, all right, here’s my premise; power players like Congressmen, Senators (John Ensign, and Mark Sanford are just two immediate examples), and Presidents alike should avoid the covert hoochie coochie because it presents a threat to national security. My justification…
- To be horribly indiscreet on a most indiscreet subject… Humans can deliver a substantial bite. Teeth (let alone a ball point pen or a stapler) can maim and intimidate, especially at that special moment.
- Typically, the “action on the side” hasn’t been properly vetted. Duh!
- Almost always (one would guess), hidden “whoop-dee-doo” is cavorted without the oversight of security.
- Of course, there are the issues of photography/blackmail, disease, and pregnancy.
- And beyond doubt is the issue of national security itself.
I don’t know, I come from a different angle of reasoning. But it seems to me that folks like Ensign and Sanford (and all the others who haven”t yet been caught with their pants down) should keep the zipper up… If not for themselves, then for the common good.
Putting it another way… It’s patriotic to not screw around!