Back on March 13, 2009, I gave five reasons why President Obama gave me cause for concern. Those concerns were/are:
- Lobbyists in the White House
- Tinkering with the census
- The “Card Check” outrage
- Obama’s inability to choose good nominees (and cohorts in general)
- POTUS’ approach to fixing the health care system
Well, here are a few more reasons to give one pause:
- Let’s just have the government seize a few companies… What the hey… Why not?!? Amtrak might make for a good business model.
- President Obama is aiming for significant (10% in 2010) cuts in U.S. military spending. Never mind that China has increased its military budget by 15%. And Russia has upped her military spending by a whopping 25%.
- And speaking of budgets, how about a $9 trillion cumulative deficit by 2019. (Does that include the mind-numbing $50+ trillion Medicare/Medicaid/SS burden? Of course not.)
- Mr. Obama you and yours frighten me when you start changing language… The “Global War on Terror” is transitioning to “Overseas Contingency Operations“, and acts of terrorism may be redefined as “Man-Caused Disasters“. Finding new words for unpleasant issues is particularly Orwellian.
Concerned? You better believe I’m concerned.